How Astro.build uses AI to handle more than 25% of community questions
- ~100 support hours saved by having kapa.ai implemented (assuming avg. 20mins per question, 300 questions per month)
- 20 days of end-user waiting time saved per month from instant answers (assuming avg. human response delay of 3hrs)
- 85% accuracy of questions answered by kapa.ai based on user-rated feedback
Rapid developer community growth puts a burden on support
Astro.Build, an open-source project that assists developers with an all-in-one framework for building websites faster, experienced remarkable growth, garnering more than 30,000 Github stars. However, the influx of users led to a significant increase in support inquiries, putting a heavier load on the core engineering team, who were facing more than 150 support questions a week.
An LLM-powered chatbot trained on astro.build knowledge sources
Documentation, GitHub Issues, Blogs, Tutorials.
The chatbot was deployed in the Astro Lounge Discord server in the #support-ai channel. Over four weeks, the chatbot's use grew over 300%, going from answering 100 questions to 300 questions as community users became aware of the kapa.ai chatbot.
[Join the Astro Lounge Discord](https://discord.com/invite/astro-lounge-830184174198718474)
Kapa.ai handles +300 questions per month for the astro.build team
Kapa.ai has helped the astro.build team reduce the support hours needed to handle Astro’s community, freeing up the team’s time to focus on more strategic tasks, such as developing new features and improving the platform’s performance.
- 300 questions handled by kapa.ai per month in the #support-ai
- +25% of support volume now handled in the #support-ai channel
Astro is an all-in-one web framework for building fast, content-focused websites.